Xbox Controller Guide Button (XInput Button 13) not working

• 3 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Tested this on Windows and Android Clients.

The Guide Button presses are not transmitted to the VM.

Instead they are processed on the Client Machine an causing all sorts of wired stuff.

On Android it brings up the Launcher Home Window.

On Windows it opens Game Bar, or starts a locally installed Steam.

I know how to disable the most of them, but that's not my point.

The Guide Button would be useful in the VM. To invoke Steam overlay, or to remap it for emulators.

What´s the thing with this behavior? I mean other apps can capture this Button. (like Steam a.e.).

Or is it a limitation of the Virtual Controller driver on the VM?

This would be a much appreciated Feature in the client to enable the usage of this XInput Button aka Guide Button.

Are there any words of a Dev regarding this?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Might be a limitation of the driver software as Ive never heard of that key before. Try opening a ticket with support, let them know about it)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Im using rewasd as a workaround to map the homebutton to ankeycombo as im using ios mainly. 

Badge +1

Im using rewasd as a workaround to map the homebutton to ankeycombo as im using ios mainly. 

So you installed rewasd on the shadow pc and you can remap the guide Button? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

So you installed rewasd on the shadow pc and you can remap the guide Button? 

Yes. 

i use l1+r1+x for example to trigger the home button in shadow

Badge +1

Ok, thank you! Thats awesome. I will map start+select. Finally i can oben steam overlay with controller. 

Badge

So it’s an indisputable fact that the X-Box Home Button does not work when a controller is connected to the Shadow app; it certainly doesn’t work for me using Shadow for iOS or Shadow for Mac. However, the X-Box Home button does work when I connect to my Shadow instance using the Steam Link box, iOS, and even Steam on the Mac.

Does the home button work within the Shadow app for anyone? If it doesn’t then this is something Shadow needs to address and add into their queue for future fixes.

Why won’t Shadow support acknowledge this as a known bug?

Userlevel 2

So it’s an indisputable fact that the X-Box Home Button does not work when a controller is connected to the Shadow app; it certainly doesn’t work for me using Shadow for iOS or Shadow for Mac. However, the X-Box Home button does work when I connect to my Shadow instance using the Steam Link box, iOS, and even Steam on the Mac.

Does the home button work within the Shadow app for anyone? If it doesn’t then this is something Shadow needs to address and add into their queue for future fixes.

Why won’t Shadow support acknowledge this as a known bug?

So as much as necroing threads is a no go everywhere, I am breaking that rule to bring this back. 

Just started playing some games with an Xbox One Controller on Android TV and the home/guide/Xbox does not work. I have enabled/disabled the appropriate things within windows depending if I want Steam to control Big Picture or the Xbox DVR and no dice no matter what. Having it connected to my Laptop does not make a difference. The controller is connected via Bluetooth in both scenarios. I can only assume wired connections solve this problem. All functions work on my laptop proper.

Is there a work-around or is this a missing feature? Any information would be appreciated. 

P.S. Steam also recognizes the controller as a 360 controller instead of Xbox One.

Badge +1

Are there any news on this topic. Its so annoying to have a usless guide button