Question

Xbox One controller not recognized after disconnect.

• 17 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had a problem where any time my Xbox One Controller disconnects for any reason, it will no longer be recognized after reconnecting. The overlay shows that the controller is connected but the actual Shadow PC and any applications don’t see the controller any longer. This can be annoying since the controller will go to sleep if I step away for more then a few minutes and the only way I’ve found to get it working again is to completely restart the Shadow PC.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

What is your ping/latency to Shadow? Does it go above 35 ms? 
Have you tried other clients? 

While running the game I’ve been playing I have a latency of 28-30 ms. The crazy thing is that after turning the controller back on, all of the game prompts change back to controller prompts, it just doesn’t respond at all to any controller inputs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I have had a problem where any time my Xbox One Controller disconnects for any reason, it will no longer be recognized after reconnecting. The overlay shows that the controller is connected but the actual Shadow PC and any applications don’t see the controller any longer. This can be annoying since the controller will go to sleep if I step away for more then a few minutes and the only way I’ve found to get it working again is to completely restart the Shadow PC.

Is there an option for you to reconnect/restart the streaming in the Shadow Menu while you are within Shadow? Would this resolve the controller input?

If not, what game are you playing and through which launcher did you launch the game? On what device and OS are your running Shadow? Do you any controller apps running e.g. controller companion, rewasd, ...