New

Not Displaying in Stereoscopic Model

• 27 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Issue/Describe the bug

Logging in to Shadow VR App on Oculus 2 (with Steam VR launched on Shadow through laptop already) and the “home” environment loads but without the eyes displaying correctly (the images are not blended). I use Virtual Desktop and have never experienced this issue.

Version:

Alpha v. 5.0.3

Steps to Reproduce:

Using an Oculus 2 with Shadow Boost on Mac Laptop (2015 i5), Steam VR Launched in Shadow then open shadow VR app, display hurt eyes so bad i had to quit the app.

Additional Notes

Raph from Shadow 3 months ago

My answer from another thread was pinned here but it’s not the same case.

As someone mentioned, The config for Quest 2 has not yet been deployed in the APK. So it’s blurry because we display in the resolution of Quest 1 and not Quest 2 :)

It is planned to add the Quest 2 config in a future patch so that Quest 2 users can test too!

@dynam1ke 
We are aware of Virtual desktop and their talented creator GuyG. We plan to reopen the discussion with him once we have fixed the broken 30min shutdown timer of Shadow on Virtual Desktop. We actually promised him this fix a while back :(. It’s on the way.

Then again, we are two different companies and considering the success of his app, even if we were to discuss a cooperation, he probably already has a lot on his plate with VD.

View original

13 replies

It actually says oculus quest 2 won't work yet with shadow vr app only quest 1 ..I tried before reading the info completely and had it just sit there 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I also just went through the steps on my Shadow and Oculus Quest 2.

App starts OK, looks a bit blurry.

SteamVR Home Environment is displayed but looks weird like threadstarter describes.

Is there an ETA on an Oculus Quest 2 app? Really looking forward to using it.

Userlevel 1

The application is not scaled or optimized for the Oculus Quest 2, which is why you are having issues.

I had the same issue on quest 1. Followed all the steps and when launched shadow VR i only saw the 2d screen splatted on my face. Hurt eyes bad.

Userlevel 1

Yup tried last night nothing works on the Quest 2  and there is no shadowvr sidequest option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello,

We have identified this bug. We believe it occurs when the quest client connects to Shadow before SteamVR launches, or when SteamVR does not initialize properly.
It is on top of our priorities.

Userlevel 1

This has happened to me a couple of times as well.  I can confirm that when it has, I can kinda see that SteamVR finishes launching a few seconds later and if I close the app and re-connect all is well

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the replies, I’ll wait for the optimization (Alpha V2) that hopefully cleans up some stuff for Oculus 2. Would imagine that will be primary use case going forward. For the record, the shadow performs quite well wirelessly using virtual desktop, I’m able to stream comfortably at 80-90 FPS. Obviously having a Shadow App should theoretically be better so excited for that to continue improving.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the replies, I’ll wait for the optimization (Alpha V2) that hopefully cleans up some stuff for Oculus 2. Would imagine that will be primary use case going forward. For the record, the shadow performs quite well wirelessly using virtual desktop, I’m able to stream comfortably at 80-90 FPS. Obviously having a Shadow App should theoretically be better so excited for that to continue improving.

Same here. 

I was wondering if there is some cooperation with Virtual Desktop/ggodin. This guy probably has the most experience in wireless streaming for Quest, and a large Shadow-user userbase. Since a ShadowVR app will take away a portion of his users, why not work together on an ultimate solution? Right now it seems Shadow has a lot of catching up to do...

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

My answer from another thread was pinned here but it’s not the same case.

As someone mentioned, The config for Quest 2 has not yet been deployed in the APK. So it’s blurry because we display in the resolution of Quest 1 and not Quest 2 :)

It is planned to add the Quest 2 config in a future patch so that Quest 2 users can test too!

@dynam1ke 
We are aware of Virtual desktop and their talented creator GuyG. We plan to reopen the discussion with him once we have fixed the broken 30min shutdown timer of Shadow on Virtual Desktop. We actually promised him this fix a while back :(. It’s on the way.

Then again, we are two different companies and considering the success of his app, even if we were to discuss a cooperation, he probably already has a lot on his plate with VD.

Badge

BTW, if it helps in any way, It happens to me on the original Quest, not the second gen.

I have the same issue no stereoscopic bye starting the shadow VR app V. 0.0.1 from Sidequest portal.

Have testet to start the Shadow PC about the shadow VR app i hade no 3D effect only splitt 2d picture. Close and restart the Shadow VR app bring no solution by this bug. I use normally Virtuell Desktop App on Oculus Quest 1  +  Shadow PC and its work perfect. What can i do?

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that ShadowVR app not working on quest2 now? 
When I launch it, it is not in VR mode. 

Thank You and sorry for my poor English. 
Martin-Czech Republic.