New

Shadow VR Beta Feedback/ Bug finds

• 4 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Suggestions for the Shadow VR Beta (I’m using an Oculus Quest 2)

1. Add more settings like Bitrate limits, audio quality, bandwidth control and the list goes on!
  2. Make an option to be able to control the Shadow VR from your PC (for example whilst being in VR you can take the headset off anytime and load up a browser).

Bug finds

1. Randomly out of the blue you will be stuck in loading trying to launch VR even though its worked perfectly fine and or it will boot you back to the Shadow VR Beta Home screen for no reason.
  2. In certain games like Boneworks, controls will not work at all and all you can do is move your controllers.

4 replies

The second one is already possible using second display.

I need to use gamepad for Star wars Squadrons and they don't reconiced it.

After using the application for several days I would like to comment:

1, 2D screen is blurry and too small to be useful.

2. You cannot use a gamepad, keyboard or mouse connected to the oculus by bluetooth.

3. SteamVR mode doesn't look sharp, either, and it doesn't let you use any peripherals either.

4. It is not possible to interact with the pop-up windows and it is necessary to switch to 2D mode constantly.

I love this app but it needs improvements.  I can't use Virtual Desktop due to an IPV6 problem and I need ShadowVR

After using the application for several days I would like to comment:

1, 2D screen is blurry and too small to be useful.

2. You cannot use a gamepad, keyboard or mouse connected to the oculus by bluetooth.

3. SteamVR mode doesn't look sharp, either, and it doesn't let you use any peripherals either.

4. It is not possible to interact with the pop-up windows and it is necessary to switch to 2D mode constantly.

I love this app but it needs improvements.  I can't use Virtual Desktop due to an IPV6 problem and I need ShadowVR

I do agree with first two points, 2D is too small to read or click steamvr buttons, and bluetooth keyboard and mouse support will make using pc obsolete, all you will need is quest 2 + shadow app.

as for steamvr I had no issues with VR mode, it had even better performance than Virtual Desktop app on quest 2. I played alyx for few hours, Revive is also extremely useful with shadow, it let’s to play all games flawlessly, I’ve tried Google earth, adobe medium and demo apps without issues.

Virtual Desktop is irreplacable if you need anything 2D though.